Echo dot is a voice-activated smart audio speaker with a personal voice assistant known as Alexa that allow you to play music, control your smart home & set music alarms. It has Bluetooth and Wi-Fi connectivity facilities; stays online all the time when connected to your Wi-Fi. Echo dot is a device that accesses the cloud services so that you can stream or play music by using your smart phone.
Setting up the Alexa dot or Alexa echo is very easy task by downloading the Amazon Alexa App on your smart phone. If you are using an Alexa echo device and want to know the setup process then you will get step by step instructions for alexa dot setup in this article.
In this section, you will get an answer for your query ‘how to set up my alexa echo’. Follow the below mentioned steps carefully:
- First of all, you would be needed to connect your Alexa echo dot to the wifi network.
- Next, Plug in your Alexa Echo dot into the power outletand download the Amazon Alexa App on your smart phone.
- After you installed the Amazon alexa dot setupapp, launch the App then enter user name and password to log into the Alexa setup app.
- Next, go tothe ‘Settings’ from the given menu.
- You would be asked to connect your device to the Echo Spot manually by Wi-Fi settings.
- Next, choose your device type from the list i.e. Echo, Echo Dot, Echo plus etc. andthenclick ‘Continue’.
- After thatclick ‘Connect to Wi-Fi’ option.
- If you want to add any new device to your account then click‘Set up a new device’option.
- After that, you need to press the ‘Action’ button that is placed on the Echo device and holditat leastup to 5 seconds. When you see an orange light to fill up the ring on the top of the device, this shows that your device is now connected to the Alexa Echo dot.
- A ‘Connected to Alexa echo dot’ confirmation message would be display. If so, click ‘Continue’.
- After that, in Amazon Alexa echo wifi setuppage, a list of available Wi-Fi networks displays in front of you.
- Select your WiFi network from the list & enter its password.
- If the Wi-Fi connection is successfully established then you would be able to see a message stating ‘alexa dot setupcomplete, your device is now connected to Wi-Fi’.
You have successfully completed your ‘alexa dot setup’ by following the above mentioned instructions. Now take a look at the key features of Alexa Echo device:
- Your Echo dot connects to Alexa, to play music, answer questions, control your smart home & set music alarms.
- Alexa Echo has Bing search engine,also provides Wikipedia entries, quick mathematic calculations, measurements, spelling corrections, and other intelligent answers.
- Echo dot makes use of 2nd generation far-field voice detection and Bluetooth speaker.
- It comes with Google Calendar option.
- Weather Forecast feature provides the current weather and a weekly forecast.
- Echo dotprovides important daily news and sports updates every day.
- Other feature is Audio books from Audible. Audible is great option when you want to relax, and fall asleep listening to your favorite audio book. The Echo provides additional options including volume control and chapter selection.
- Give commands to Alexa, to turn off the lights, lock doors, show front door cameras and baby monitors.
You can get more details about Alexa Echo device, alexa dot setupetc. by clicking the link www.echodot-setup.com.For further assistance, contact our technical experts on our toll free no. or chat live with us.